“Gah its been 2 weeks nearly since my last post!”
(rushes to get the images ready)
“Hang on I got a good reason!”
“K I think Im ready!”
Ok hello all Ive been pretty worked off my feet these last 2 weeks, aside from working extra hours at my job and working for a company who I cant mention I had the pleasure of meeting someone rather interesting.
Im currently being hired by
Or more specifically Mr Jason Canty of AngryViking Press!
Im currently doing a selection of characters from the Sonic cartoon series SATM
and the first to be work on is…..
(another drum roll)
Designed and being built around several costumes, shes been made from scratch with 4 costumes, one of her early original design that was to be in the cartoon series (when she looked more like a yellow cat), a costume design based on a deviant art image (ill add a name when I find out who did it) and the original 2 suits I made for Rouge the bat back in 2010! Sally currently has all but one of the suits nearly complete, only the Space suit remains to be reworked (and by reworked I mean mostly redone since I found that the design I did back then was rather vert heavy). Work is nearly complete on all the suits and it will be up to Mr Canty to decide what will and wont be offered up to the public.
Ill add more images of the works in progress when I get some needed sleep…
Modelling for the last 12hrs is making my head feel a little light.
Just added a body to it, not sure if I should have anthro’d it a little more but it’ll do for now.
Saw this strip http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m623639ncz1qh4hiyo1_1280.png
Liked the strip and made this super quick in Sculptris.(30 mins tops)
Right, time for bed
Yeah wasnt feelin to well this week so I had to take a brake from modelling to recover. But before I got too ill I managed to get some pieces completed, one is the skull of a boar (without tusks)
Originally got carried away with modelling this as I was intending it to be ust a template for a new character to go with the pig family.
But anyway here is two versions, one is sharper then the other. (I get the feeling its more stone like then the smoother one which feels boney)
The other piece Ill post later as I am reworking it each time, its a attempt to do a skinned Leonardo De Vinci style human torse/arm, first two attempts have been meh so Im redoing it in my spare time.
Heres a spare model of a different skull (Ox I think) that I did in Sculptris for fun (redid the bottom when I got hold of the glass material).
Well I had little time to do much more with this head, I managed to Dynamesh it so I got it nicely squared off all round (and lost a million polys as a bonus).
. Afterwards I had to re touch alot of the detail due to the conversion but it wasnt too bad (certainly easier then carring on as it was previously). Now if I can get it to decimate I might be able to get into Blender to retopologize.
But now to sit back and get some shut eye.
Good night all.
First off Merry Christmas )
Ill make it quick, a lots been going on in the last week. Other then the obvious festival planning Ive entered into a Blenderartists competition to try and win a copy of BSurfaces.
So here is the newer wip of the Dragon Head I am currently working on.
Its posing some problems at the minute though, I cant use either Blender of Sculptris due to memory and topology issues so I’m using Zbrush to finish off the remaining detail. Currently its sitting at 8.5 mil and that is just the front part of the head, the rest of the body is still being worked on in the other programs mentioned.
Again was trying to be motivated and found a character that I have been meaning to model for a while, based on a perticular artists (Their name has something to do with cards, hint hint). A cute pig character (actually its unfinished its meant to be a boar but I havent the time to add the hair and tusks atm).
But the render came off well enough that I thought Id post it. Build time was about 9 hours (sculpted in Sculptris then retopologised in Blender).
Ill add this to the pile of other characters I have to finish………
So I got bored last night, made a pony head in sculptris and by the end of today I had this done in Blender…….
Thoughts? Yes I am working on my other projects, but was tired and not feeling like rigging at the moment. Just a short piece to let my brain relax.
I would have had these embedded but apparently WP cant handle these so here are the links.
and for eye candy here is a bust of a dragon character I built one bored night.
One is a older version of the other two, its still a wip so expect changes down the line.
Busy week with the current set of models, here is the Arthur Dragon built using a combination of Scupltris,Zbrush and Blender.
1.3 mil dragon normal mapped onto a 10,000 retopologised dragon (12 hours over the course of one day rebuilding that one).
Needs a texture map but its uv’d and the colouring will be done either in Sai or Sculptris.
I also am working on Jagger now for Cerebus and will have more on him and Keef soon.
Also this is a test blog using Blog desk to see how it works