So after importing a decimated version of Raz i got to work uving and sorting out the various sections of his clothing.
Nothing too special at the moment, mainly just to test out the uving.
However after looking it up several hours later I noticed some niggling problems with the hands and the lapel of the jacket. So after some fiddling with the uv I figured it made more sense to redo the uv and as such the colour and normal map. Annoying, but neccessary.
So after fixing the uv,reapplying the normal map and redoing a quick and dirty uvunwrap I had the model back in order. I started shaping the head/helmet/glasses and eyes to be more like the original Raz. A simple lattice modifier on each part and its sorted out the shaping very quickly.
Also forgot to mention the size differance, Original was about 1.5mil, decimated to 500,000. Then finally after doing the retopology I got it down to 5,000 faces (give or take a few hundred).
Shrunk down the sections on the arms and legs to be more in styling and added the backpack, belt and buckle to the mix.
And here is the final result.
Im a little annoyed at the texturing, as I mentioned earlier I did a dirty uvunwrap, unlike the original attempt I didnt do the clean up of the uv after unwrapping so things like the jacket are a little funky, but thankfully if I wanted to I could fix it later with little issue, for now it looks unnoticable on the render.
All the texture work, unwrapping and retopology done in Blender, Sculpting was done in Zbrush.
Still I enjoyed the end result