Soooooooooooooooooo whilst I look for gainful employment Im helping out with 2 small productions,
one is http://www.cerebus3d.com/ or Cerebus the 3d animation. Heading this endevour is Mr Oliver Simonsen along with a cast of animators, modellers and generalists of various skills in 3d animation working to make a adaptation of Cerebus the Aardvark by Dave Sim.
Im helping to build 2 characters from the story, Keith Richards and Mike Jagger, yes thats right those Mick Jagger and Keith Richard. So far Ive managed the head of Keith Richards (but it still needs work) and recently today started on the body (Just a mention Im basing the designs on the comics not the real life persons).
Also the colouring is just me testing out sculptris colour mode, ill be doing the uvs and colouring properly in either Gimp or Blender.
Second piece is for the Project Fear Of The Dark a horror project being built in Blender, Im helping with a Dragon design so Im building it as much as I can in Blender, Ive had hiccups in the sculpting department of late and had to find other ways to work around it but its near complete (at least the high poly is nearly done) Ill need to retop this in Blender and uv/texture/yaddayadda yadda.
Heres a selection/progress of the builds so far.
Till next time, ciao.
Hello all, well I recently updated my blender setups and decided to give cycles a try, and since Ive been doing a nice solid mech based on a toy Ive had (apparently its from Robotech series) I thought Id use it for the renders (the mech isn’t finish yet but the base bits a nearly done).
So how is cycles?
Generally I have to say I’m bloody impressed, whilst I do not consider myself to know enough about the ways a how renderer works I was able to quite quickly get cycles up and running and have it start showing off its ability to do on-the-fly rendering in my view port, renders were quick (even considering my fairly weak laptop settings).
Things to note: It doesn’t recognize blender lights yet so i used it own version which is a material setup called emissions to give off light towards a object. It also doesn’t seem to do the low model viewport/ high model renderer effect yet.
I had to have all my highest subdivisions on before it would do the model as I wanted it (I’ll include all the test renders to show what I mean). But otherwise it was a damn sight faster then waiting for Luxrender to show me results (however I’m sure that the lighting in cycles is a little off, that and the model still had parts that didn’t look right (but then what do you expect from a alpha build).
Ok so in order of render from quickest to longest (10 cycles versus 250). Added a little blue tint to the light to make it look cooler (as in colder/ metallic), and adjusted the light a little more to the front.
So after a bit of working Ive update my portfolio site, includes some new images, better organized sets of folders, a updated CV and generally a better look to the whole thing. If you have the time give it a whirl. CGDEN.Com
Something to do today that doesn’t involve MLP, A little wip Ive been doing in Sculptris, was 800,000 polys but got it down to around 200,000 (thank you zbrush4/decimation master), so will work on it some more tomorrow, after that its off to Blender to retopologize and uv then paint in Sculptris/Blender.
Simple to build yet took 8 hours to finally get fully rendered this is a test build of something more complicated coming in the next few weeks. Internet high-five for those that guess before the third video .
Anyway here is the render done through Renderweb and made entirely in Blender.
If it’s not showing its just that vimeos not done converting, if your impatient I’ve got it on my youtube site as well:
Well I’m a little behind in my one render a week, but that’s mainly due to the royal wedding, but I have been modelling in the mean time and have several pieces nearing completion, here is one that’s about done for single image shots, it’ll need more work to be able to animate it, more info below the images. I’ve got here one clean and one with comparison images, I apologise for the quality, I’m have issues with compositing (as in I know little about it atm) but for a late night try its not too bad, will get better as time goes on.
Well I have been working on this for the better part of a week, I had to sit down and learn how to use Blenders various quirks to get the render to work, (and even though I managed to render it in chunks the damn thing had to be slap-shodded together at the end in photoshop, very annoying.) all my fault I just haven’t gotten to grips with Blenders compositor yet).
She isnt rigged but is ready to be and all that’s really missing is her Cutie mark texture (I added the one in the image in post), and a better hair set-up (this one looks ok-ish but its MASSIVELY computer intensive and until I figure out how to get my render machine to work I’m stuck with just my pc and laptop), I might have to redo it as a solid mesh instead.
Ill be honest I’m really looking forward to finishing this lot soon, I’ve got a few interesting projects down the line and with luck they will either get me commissions or a job in some computer company. Fingers crossed.
Obviously I don’t own MLP or the character, I just enjoy the show. But the 3d model is all my own doing.